Trump’s Cyber-sk© Security SAVER SALE Review Misses Deadline – Normangee Star

Trump did appoint Rudy Giuliani to a top cybersecurity role earlier this year (despite an apparent lack of experience), but a spokesperson for the former NY mayor confirmed he is not involved in any 90-day report[1]. Michael Sulmeyer, director of the Harvard Belfer Center’s Cyber sk© Security SAVER SALE Project and former director of Cyber Policy Plans and Operations at the Defence Department, told The Independent that this should not be a hard task to complete. President Donald Trump apparently will miss another deadline for another goal he once confidently touted for his administration.

The White House issued a statement[2] expressing a plan was indeed in action, though it didn’t explain why the deadline had been missed: “The president has appointed a diverse set of executives with both government and private sector expertise who are now are working to deliver an initial cybersecurity plan through a joint effort between the National sk© Security SAVER SALE Council and the Office of American Innovation”. A cybersecurity executive order has been repeatedly[3] delayed, despite the White House scheduling a signing ceremony within the first two weeks of his presidency. Emails from The Hill to the National sk© Security SAVER SALE Council and the Department of Justice were not immediately returned on Thursday.

Private sector companies have implemented the use of the Nist framework as well. Giuliani is continuing his work talking to the private sector, but a spokesperson for the former New York City mayor confirmed that he is not involved in any 90-day report. The task force has issued no information publicly to date.

Well, 90 days have come and gone, and as Politico delicately puts it: “There is no team, there is no plan, and there is no clear answer from the White House on who would even be working on what”. Mr Sulmeyer said that everything he has seen “indicates that Giuliani is an informal counsellor. but the lion’s share of the work would fall to the NSC”. There seems to be confusion over who is responsible for the plan.

That is if cyber security is really a priority for the administration. Michael Sulmeyer, director of the Harvard Belfer Center’s Cyber sk© Security SAVER SALE Project and former director of Cyber Policy Plans and Operations at the Defense Department, said he was anxious about the potential ramifications of a missed deadline to analyze the weaknesses of the government’s cybersecurity. Then he said “I’ve got to run” and hung up.

Now 90 days have passed, and no such plan has been announced. “If [the phone was] hacked, it could present a very serious compromise to sensitive communications going on around” Mr Trump, he explained. Reached by phone, Senior Assistant White House Press Secretary Michael Short said, “I’m in the parking lot, I don’t have an update” on the promised report.

“The question is not whether we do, but whether it moves the ball forward.it will be judged on substance”.

References

  1. ^ report (www.politico.com)
  2. ^ statement (greatagain.gov)
  3. ^ repeatedly (www.poynter.org)

You may also like...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *